Sunday, January 30, 2011

ARMANDE CHOLLAT-NAMY

Armande Chollat-Namy
armande.nemo@gmail.com

Bio:
This is a bit dry, but for application files this is what you might
need, to keep it simple... and everybody knows that French people
don’t have any humor, except for Mr. PH! ;)

Armande Chollat-Namy was born in Lyon (France) in 1978. After studying
cinema and photography in Prague and Paris, she became a free lance
cameraman and has worked on many short films. In her own films, she
has focused on object animation and underwater shooting techniques.
She is also interested in creative documentary.  She lives in the
Alpes in France and works mainly in Paris.

As for something more “personal”, well…
I’m working mainly as a cameraman and an editor for Art Park (the
production house in Paris supporting FF3) and as a firework
technician. I just started to participate as a teacher in cinema
workshops with kids and I love it!  At the moment I’m also
co-directing a creative documentary about Iceland.  I have been in FF1
and FF2, as a director in the first one and a cameraman in both.

My personal work is usually tagged as experimental, but I’d rather say
that I’m a black sheep in the experimental world, since I’m using
basic classical cinema language.  My universe is inspired by visual
arts; my true interest is simply to explore and share emotions.

4/ My skills to offer:

- Cameraman :  I love it! (you can see extracts from my camerawork on
the artpark website (artpark.fr) : “farco, CO2, hmstrf, Près des
rails, Turkmenistan, Palindrome, Tältet, Top 40, Palinka”

- Camera and light assistant:  I’ll be very pleased to do so! I was
camera assistant on all FF2 films, except on the one I shot.

-Sound & cooking : I could manage !

-If you guys need extras, I can try! ( on artpark website/ FF2, see
the film “Kuski” and the French bitch who just lost her husband, -
it’s the best I can do! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment